This stunning Safari provides you with the opportunity to visit the mythic parks of Northern Tanzania and to experience the feeling of a dip in old times which are not passed but still quite real. The visit to the Bushmen in Lake Eyasi will leave a big mark on you. This and much more in just 11 days.
Day 1 – NAIROBI
Arrival in Nairobi. Transfer to hotel. Night.
Day 2 – NAIROBI – ARUSHA
After breakfast we will take the bus to Arusha. Free afternoon to start getting to know the city life. Preparations for Safari. Night at the hotel.
Day 3 – ARUSHA – LAKE MANYARA
Easy journey to our camp in Manyara. In the afternoon we will be visiting the Lake, where there are outstanding tropical tree species which are typical of the savanna. Likewise, we will be watching different animal and if we are lucky we will spot the famous Tree Lions.
Day 4 – LAKE MANYARA – LAKE EYASI
Departure towards the little village of Karatu located at the top of the escarpment of the Rift. Up there we will be taking a track leading us to Lake Eyasi. First contact with the area and its inhabitants in order to organise next day’s activities.
Day 5 – LAKE EYASI
The only place in Tanzania where Datoga and Hadzabe people live, they are called Bushmen for their presumed kinship with fellow peers in Bostwana. We will go with them in their hunting through the forest and they will show us their knowledge and uses of various plants and trees of the area.
Day 6 – LAKE EYASI – SERENGETI
Departure towards Serengeti. We will drive again through Karatu. Further on and once we have driven across the Ngorongoro area we will be getting into the great plains of the Park, which is home to a great variety of animals. Visit to a Masai Manyatta.
Day 7 – SERENGETI
Whole day devoted to the search of fauna through the immense savanna. At dusk we will enjoy the wonderful sunset. Air-hot balloon Safari flight (optional).
Day 8 – SERENGETI – NGORONGORO
Breakfast and departure towards the Ngorongoro Crater. The views from the lodge located on the edge of the crater are breathtaking.
Day 9 – NGORONGORO
World Heritage site, it is an extinct volcano with walls of about 600m and 21 km in diameter. Typical savanna landscape with Acacia trees and a lake full of flamingos. Packed lunch and at the end of the safari we will walk up to the lodge to enjoy the view from its veranda.
Day 10 – NGORONGORO – TARANGIRE
Easy drive to the park, which is named after the river that crosses it. It is known for its landscape, its huge Baobabs which dot the area and great Elephant herds.
Day 11 – TARANGIRE – ARUSHA – NAIROBI
Transfer to Arusha to catch the bus to Nairobi airport. Return flight.
- NAIROBI Panafric Hotel/Kentmere Club.
- LAGO NAKURU Lion Hill/Flamingo Camp/Lake Nakuru Lodge.
- LAGO NAIVASHA Lake Naivasha Country Club/Sopa Lodge.
- MASAI MARA Keekorok Lodge/Sopa Lodge/Sentrim Camp.
- AMBOSELI Ol Tukai Lodge/Amboseli Serena Lodge
- TARANGIRE Maramboi Tented Camp/Tarangire Safari Lodge
- SERENGETI Seronera Wildlife Lodge/Kati Kati Camp.
- NGORONGORO Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge/Wildlife Lodge.
- MANYARA Kirurumu Tented Camp/Manyara Wildlife Lodge.
- Private Safari.
- English speaking driver / guide expert on safaris.
- Transport on four-wheel-drive-vehicle.
- Tickets to Parks and National Reserves.
- Accommodation and breakfast in Nairobi and Arusha.
- Full board on the rest of Safari.
- International flights.
- Beverages and gratuities (waiters, porters).
- Personal expenses (phone, laundry, cabs).
- Visas on arrival or at Embassy.
- Optional activities such as hot-air balloon safari flight, walking safari, visit to Manyatta.
- End-of-safari gratuity for driver/guide.