This thrilling Safari takes the traveller to the jewels of Northern Tanzania and includes the mythic Amboseli National Park in Kenya, home to the towering snow-capped Kilimanjaro dominating the savanna. It is a 11-day Safari.
Day 1 – FLIGHT TO NAIROBI
Assistance at Jomo Kenayatta airport and transfer to hotel. Night.
Day 2 – NAIROBI – AMBOSELI
Departure after breakfast towards Amboseli National Park, which has as its backdrop the towering Kilimanjaro and an almost deserted plain, where surprisingly underwater flows and which provides animals and birds with life. We will be staying at a wonderful lodge built on the same site in which Hemingway camped on one of his hunting safaris and wrote his book Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Day 3 – AMBOSELI
A stunning Safari in the Park enjoying the landscape and animal sightings. Here the Elephant is the ruler.
Day 4 – AMBOSELI – ARUSHA
Departure towards Namanga after breakfast. Drive through tree filled savanna typical of Masai land, procedures at the border and heading for Arusha. Free afternoon and preparations for Safari.
Day 5 – ARUSHA – TARANGIRE
Easy drive towards the Park named after the river that crosses it. It is worth seeing its huge Baobabs and its beautiful landscape as well as the great Elephant herds.
Day 6 – TARANGIRE – SERENGETI
After breakfast departure towards Serengeti Wildlife Park. We will drive through small farming communities like Mto Wa Mbu and Karatu. Later on and driving through the Ngorongoro Area, we will be getting into the huge grassy plains of the Park, which is the sanctuary for a great number of animals. Optional visit to a Mayatta (typical Masai house).
Day 7 – SERENGETI
Whole day devoted to the search of fauna through the immense savanna. At dusk we will enjoy the wonderful sunset. Hot–air balloon Safari flight (optional).
Day 8 – SERENGETI – NGORONGORO
Breakfast and departure towards the Ngorongoro crater. The views from the lodge located on the edge of the crater are breathtaking. Night.
Day 9 – NGORONGORO
World Heritage site, it is an extinct volcano with walls of about 600m and 21 km in diameter. Typical savanna landscape with Acacia trees and a lake full of Flamingos. Packed lunch and at the end of the Safari we will walk up to the lodge to enjoy the view from the rooftop.
Day 10 – NGORONGORO – LAKE MANYARA
Easy journey to our camp in Manyara. In the afternoon we will visit the Lake, where there are outstanding topical tree species which are typical of the savanna. Likewise, we will be watching different animal and if we are lucky spot the famous Tree Lions.
Day 11 – MANYARA – ARUSHA- NAIROBI
Transfer to Arusha to catch the bus to airport. Return flight to your destination. In this point we remind you it is possible.
- NAIROBI Panafric Hotel/Kentmere Club.
- LAGO NAKURU Lion Hill/Flamingo Camp/Lake Nakuru Lodge.
- LAGO NAIVASHA Lake Naivasha Country Club/Sopa Lodge.
- MASAI MARA Keekorok Lodge/Sopa Lodge/Sentrim Camp.
- AMBOSELI Ol Tukai Lodge/Amboseli Serena Lodge
- TARANGIRE Maramboi Tented Camp/Tarangire Safari Lodge
- SERENGETI Seronera Wildlife Lodge/Kati Kati Camp.
- NGORONGORO Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge/Wildlife Lodge.
- MANYARA Kirurumu Tented Camp/Manyara Wildlife Lodge.
- Private Safari.
- English speaking driver / guide expert on safaris.
- Tour of Nairobi on day 6.
- Transport on four-wheel-drive-vehicle.
- Tickets to Parks and National Reserves.
- Accommodation and breakfast in Nairobi.
- Full board on the rest of Safari.
- Bus to Arusha or Nairobi airport.
- International flights.
- Beverages and gratuities (waiters, porters).
- Personal expenses (phone, laundry, cabs).
- Visas on arrival or at Embassy.
- Optional activities offered by some hotels such as balloon safari, on-foot safari, visit to Manyatta.
- End-of-Safari gratuity for driver/guide.