The most complete journey through Northern Tanzania, all in one. Fourteen unforgettable days full of emotions.
Day 1 – FLIGHT TO NAIROBI
Arrival at airport and transfer to hotel. Night.
Day 2 – NAIROBI – ARUSHA
After breakfast we will be taking a bus towards Tanzania. After crossing the border at Namanga we will reach our hotel in the city centre. Time to enjoy this busy city and preparations for Safari. Night at the hotel.
Day 3 – ARUSHA – LAKE MANYARA
Easy journey to our camp in Manyara. In the afternoon we will visit the Lake, where there are outstanding tropical tree species which are typical of the savanna. Likewise, we will be watching different animal and if we are lucky we will spot the famous Tree Lions.
Day 4 – MANYARA – LAKE NATRON
After leaving our camp and through a track which starts at the little village of Mto wa Mbu will be getting into the arid and hard terrain leading to our destination, Lake Natron, having the Ngorongoro on one side.
Day 5 – LAKE NATRON
This is the only lake in the Rift Valley where Flamingos nest. They fly here from their homeland, hatch their chicks and when they grow strong to fly go back to their home. This is holy land for Masai as it is the place where volcano Ol Donyo Lengai lies. The bravest can try to climb it (optional activity) escorted by Masai warriors.
Day 6 – LAKE NATRON – SERENGETI
Departure towards Serengeti National Park going past scattered hamlets in the wildlife area of Loliondo. Later on, we will be getting into the great plains of the Park, which are home to an enormous variety of animals. The Big Five always, always stalking their prey are waiting for us.
Day 7 – SERENGETI
Whole day devoted to the search of fauna through the immense savanna. At dusk we will enjoy the wonderful sunset. Air-hot balloon Safari flight.
Day 8 – SERENGETI – NGORONGORO
Breakfast and departure towards the Ngorongoro Crater. The views from the lodge located on the edge of the crater are breathtaking.
Day 9 – NGORONGORO
World Heritage site, it is an extinct volcano with walls of about 600m and 21 km in diameter. Typical savanna landscape with Acacia trees and a lake full of Flamingos. Packed lunch and at the end of the Safari we will walk up to the lodge to enjoy the view from the veranda.
Day 10 – NGORONGORO – LAKE EYASI
Departure towards the little village of Karatu located at the top of the escarpment of the Rift. Up there we will be taking a track leading us to Lake Eyasi. First contact with the area and its inhabitants to organise next day’s activities.
Day 11 – EYASI
The only place in Tanzania where Datoga and Hadzabe people live, they are called Bushmen for their presumed kinship with fellow peers in Bostwana. We will go with them in their hunting through the forest and they will show us their knowledge and uses of various plants.
Day 12 – EYASI – TARANGIRE
Easy drive to the park which is named after the river that crosses it. It is known for its landscape, its huge baobabs which dot the area and great Elephant herds.
Day 13 – TARANGIRE
Safari in search of animals.
Day 14 – TARANGIRE – ARUSHA – NAIROBI
Easy drive to Arusha to catch the bus to Nairobi’s airport for our flight back home.
- NAIROBI Panafric Hotel/Kentmere Club.
- LAGO NAKURU Lion Hill/Flamingo Camp/Lake Nakuru Lodge.
- LAGO NAIVASHA Lake Naivasha Country Club/Sopa Lodge.
- MASAI MARA Keekorok Lodge/Sopa Lodge/Sentrim Camp.
- AMBOSELI Ol Tukai Lodge/Amboseli Serena Lodge
- TARANGIRE Maramboi Tented Camp/Tarangire Safari Lodge
- SERENGETI Seronera Wildlife Lodge/Kati Kati Camp.
- NGORONGORO Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge/Wildlife Lodge.
- MANYARA Kirurumu Tented Camp/Manyara Wildlife Lodge.
- Private Safari.
- English speaking driver / guide expert on safaris.
- Transport in four-wheel-drive-vehicle.
- Tickets to Parks and National Reserves.
- Hunting with the Bushmen.
- Accommodation and breakfast in Nairobi and Arusha.
- Full board on the rest of Safari.
- International flights.
- Beverages and gratuities (waiters, porters).
- Personal expenses (phone, laundry, cabs).
- Kenyan and Tanzanian visas on arrival or at Embassy.
- Optional activities such as air hot balloon flight safari, walking safari or visit to Masai village
- End-of-safari gratuity for driver/guide.